We value your business and want to ensure that you have the information you need, when you need it. We will continue to update this FAQ as new questions arise. As always, you may reach us at email@example.com for any questions that are not answered here.
Q. I am having trouble logging in, or I don’t have a login
A. Please follow the following steps:
- - Visit https://my.agmonitoring.com(Remember it is the same credentials as you currently use for SIMS)
- - Enter your USERNAME. Your USERNAME consists of your dealer code, dash (-), 3 letter user code (: ARMC-KIM)
- Enter your Password (this is case sensitive)
- If you do not have a login, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. How can I put my account on test?
A. To put your accounts on or off test, simply visit https://my.agmonitoring.com or the AvantGuard Monitoring app (free on the App Stores). Remember to login using the same Username and Password that you did with SIMS. This video will walk you through the steps to do so.
Q. I am having trouble with my automated daily reports. My automated daily reports are not coming through as expected.
A. We are working to resolve the challenges some have had with automated reports. As we work through these issues, please be aware that these reports are always available to you by visiting https://my.agmonitoring.com. Simply use the same login as you have done in the past for your SIMS account, and you will be able to access these reports.
Q. What is being done to help route calls more quickly?
A. In order to provide you with better service with our trained operators, we are in the process of implementing a phone tree system at our central monitoring stations. As a result, when you call in you will have the option to choose who to talk to based on your needs. Whether that is an alarm issue, a testing issue, etc – you’ll be able to talk to the operator that is most qualified to handle your concern quickly.
Q: How can I troubleshoot my mPERS and GSM PERS devices?
A: Our new system uses the Caller ID of the device to positively match the device to the account in the monitoring platform. We obtained a list of the Caller IDs of the active devices in SIMS at the time of conversion, but any accounts not active on 14 March will require the Caller ID to be set in the monitoring platform.
What do you need to do:
- When sending in new account setup information, you MUST provide the Caller ID of the device as part of the setup information
- When troubleshooting any two-way issues with a device, ensure the Caller ID is loaded in the monitoring platform
To view and set this value in My.AG:
- Visit https://my.agmonitoring.com
- Sign in with your username and password (these are the same as your SIMS username and password and are case sensitive)
- Select ‘Accounts’ in the header menu
- Find your account using the search function
- Click the account in the search results to open view and editing of the account
- Scroll to the ‘Devices’ section
- Input the Caller ID into the ‘Communicator Phone’ field
- Click the green save button in the bottom right corner
Q: How can I activate an elevator account?
A: To activate Elevator Accounts, the account must be set up at the station in STAGES. To do so, please follow the expedited process below.
- Submit the following information to email@example.com with the subject line of “NEW ELEVATOR ACCOUNT ACTIVATION”.
- Account number: _____________ (Use your next available account number. If you do not know it, call the station and press # 3 to obtain your next available account number)
- Account name: _____________________
- Elevator Caller ID: __________________
2. Please allow 24 hours for processing at the station.
3. Once you have received the confirmation email, you MUST program the elevator in STAGES to the dedicated Elevator line: 1-877-506-2576.
4. Perform a test of the elevator.
5. Send in your normal agreement and data to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the data entry completed.
A successful elevator call/test can only be done once these steps are complete. Any testing before these steps is completed would result in the elevator call going into a general inbound queue, instead of being expedited through this new number. If you have a current elevator account experiencing issues, it is recommended to follow the process above for the best results
Q: What is the Dealer Dashboard and how can it help me?
A: my.agmonitoring.com Dashboard – This is a data visualization tool that helps you manage your business with real-time customer data to better understand your customer’s behavior. With this tool you can look deeper into trends which will allow you to optimize customer experience.
Q: What is the Stages Mobile App?
A: Stages Mobile App – The Stages App which will replace the SIMS Pocket App. As you know it is a very valuable tool for business owners and technicians. It works essentially the same and your login won’t change. We will provide you additional information in the coming weeks.
Q: Can I integrate with my Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software?
A: CRM - Customer Relationship Management softward - Stages also integrates with over a dozen CRM solutions, including Security Trax, FillQuick, Workhouse to name a few. We can begin working on your CRM integrations for your business once the conversion is complete.
Q: Can I manage alarms via chat?
A: YES! Stages Chat/AG Chat/Armstrong’s Chat- is an innovative way to allow customers to manage burglar alarms via text and a web-based chat. Customers will be immediately notified of a burglar alarm signal. They can chat amongst themselves, disregard the alarm, or dispatch immediately, all without answering a phone call.
Q: Do I get to continue to work with the Armstrong’s team?
A: Yes! You will continue to work with the same sales, billing, dealer support, and monitoring center teams. Over time, we will supplement these teams with members from our other AvantGuard sites to provide enhanced support and redundancy.
Q: Will Armstrong’s be rebranding to AvantGuard?
A: The Armstrong’s name will be retained, but, it will be Armstrong’s, an AvantGuard Monitoring Company. You will begin to see the AvantGuard and our parent company’s name, Becklar, particularly with invoicing and paying your bill.
Q: Why is the name Injection no longer appearing on outbound calls?
A: Upon completion of the software conversion from SIMS to Stages the name injection will stop appearing on all outbound calls. Your company name will not be displayed however, the phone number display will appear as it is currently. The change has to do with the phone system being used with the Stages platform and how it supports name injection.
Q: What benefits will I see from this transition?
A: We look forward to enhancing the capabilities offered to the Armstrong’s dealers including:
- Facility, signal path, and people redundancy among the Armstrong’s existing sites in Dartmouth, Montréal, Moncton, and Edmonton, coupled with the AvantGuard monitoring centers in Ogden, UT, Rexburg, ID, Cedar City, UT, and Sarasota, FL
- Access to AvantGuard’s award winning dealer tools including a technician app for iPhone and Android, web portals for account management, reporting, and attrition reducing insights
- Subscriber interaction tools including SMS and new Armstrong’s Chat
- Complete Alarm.com integration
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) enabled conversational voice capabilities to prioritize inbound and outbound calling
- Two-way voice capabilities for security and medical alarms
Q: How is my invoice changing on April 1, 2023
A: The billing cycle will now reflect the service for the month. The April 1st invoice will reflect April 1 - April 30th service dates. The layout of invoices will also be changing. Invoices will state which bill codes and descriptions you are currently being billed for, along with the associated quantities and rates. Customer information will no longer be attached to your invoices. To retrieve your customer information, You will need to log into your dealer portal (https://my.agmonitoring.com) and run an Account Service Detail report. This report will list each of your active subscribers and their associated bill codes. It will also list the total cost that customer is costing you. If you need assistance downloading your Account Service Detail or logging in, email us at email@example.com
Q: How do I get the AvantGuard App?
A: It is so easy! Go to your App Store (Apple or Android) and download the FREE AvantGuard Monitoring mobile app.
To see all features please visit: https://www.agmonitoring.com/services/mobile-app and https://www.agmonitoring.com/blog/industry-news/feature-spotlight-the-ag-app
Q: What will my log in be?
A: Your login will remain the same as you currently use for SIMS mobile Pocket. Meaning username and password are the exact same as to what you are using today. In 2022 we had all users update their password requirement to ensure you used 6-8 characters that required 1 upper case, 1 symbol and 1 number. This is the password that will be used in the AvantGuard Monitoring mobile APP.
Q: What if I don’t remember my log in?
A: We understand that many of you may use fingerprint or face recognition in stead of typing in your password. If you can not remember your password, we ask that you reach out to a monitoring stations managers or data entry for assistance. Remember on the SIMS app your USERNAME always appears, it may just be the password you need.
Q: Is there training available for Stages?
A: Yes - Follow the link to a Stages E-Learning course - Introduction to Stages
If you’re looking for even more training and information, we suggest checking out the following links for a ton of articles, webinars and more.
- How to Search Accounts
- Place Accounts on Test in the App
- Set AG App Default Settings
- Review Account History in AG App
- Stages training hosted on April 5, 2023 over Zoom. Live Stages Training password: ?*6mr9GZ
Q: Is there training for STAGES and other tools available to me?
A: Yes - we want to ensure you have the knowledge and information you need to manage your accounts. Please review the following detailed training courses to help you advance your skills with Stages and other tools.
- Course One: Intro to Stages and Basic Monitoring
- Course Two: Call Flow and Alarm Procedures
- Course Three: Utilizing the AG Softphone
- Course Four: Introduction to the MyAg Portal