Hello GMS Dealers.
Tomorrow is the day we have all been working towards and beginning at 10:00 PST we will start the data migration. By noon tomorrow you and your customers will be part of the AvantGuard family and will be monitored by one of North America's premier alarm monitoring centers.
Please keep in mind that while the alarms will be monitored by the larger AG team, calling Dealer Care at 888-467-1119 will still get you to a member of the GMS support team that have always worked with. If necessary, the AG Dealer Care team will be available to back them up.
TOMORROW, THE GMS WEB PORTAL, MY CENTRAL CONNECT, WILL BE RE-DIRECTED TO THE NEW MyAG PORTAL.
IF YOU NEED TO VIEW ACCOUNT HISTORY PRIOR TO 10/24/23 AT 10:00 PST YOU WILL NEED TO CLICK THE LINK BELOW.
- Every account number will have GM added to the existing prefix. The addition is to avoid duplicate account numbers within our database. For example, account number XX0001 will change to GMXX0001.
- We are implementing our award-winning product, AG Chat, on every burglar alarm account. AG Chat allows customers to dispatch the authorities or disregard the alarm via a secure link texted to designated contact list members immediately upon receipt of a burglar alarm. If nobody accesses the link or decides to dispatch or disregard the alarm via the chat link within 60 seconds, an operator will begin calling through the contact list. Over the past several years, AG Chat has decreased false dispatches on over 50% of burglar alarms. Please click here for white-labeled marketing material and statistics about AG Chat.
- AvantGuard will implement a minimum two-call verification burglar alarm procedure for all security accounts to abide by best practices and jurisdictional statutes.
- If an abort, cancel, or open signal is received, and an operator has not yet begun calling on the alarm, we will disregard the burglar alarm per the abort, cancel, or open. Customers can see the history of events in their AG Chat link.
- Our platform will send automated calls for all low-priority signals on security accounts (Low battery, power loss, troubles, failed test timers, etc.), allowing for prompt notification and industry-leading response time on emergency alarms.
- Our teams have worked hard to provide the same pertinent information in our auto-notifications and reports. However, the formatting will differ slightly.
- Reports and other Stages notifications will come from email@example.com.
- All text messages will come from short-code 78626.
- Outbound calls will continue to come from the same phone number that customers are accustomed to.
- You and your customers can reach us at the phone numbers you have always used.
- Your GMS Dealer Care team will continue to support your needs. You may reach them via the same channels that you are using today.
From October 24th onward, you and your staff must use the following links to access your accounts. Most login credentials will remain unchanged. If yours did change, we will contact you directly:
- MyAG Dealer Portal
- MyAG Dealer Portal Instructions
- You can access all your call recordings in the AG Stages dealer portal and My.AG. You can visit the account history and click the speaker icon next to the phone call.
- AG Mobile App - Our AG dealers utilize the AG App to place 90% of their tests due to its simple and user-friendly interface.
- AG App Preview
On Thursday, October 12th at 09:00 we will restrict edit permissions in our dealer portal until the conversion on the 24th. This is necessary to achieve the uniformity of the data being transferred over ahead of the 10/24 conversion.
If you require a data change between 10/12 at 09:00 and 10/24 at 14:00, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will perform those data changes for you. You will have access to edit within the AG dealer portal and My.AG immediately upon the conversion on October 24th.