-Adding External Users
-Removing External Users
-Updating Username and Password
- Log into the Monitoring Portal.
Adding External Users:
- Adding an external user means giving a person (often an employee) access to your company site group. Dealers can also adjust permissions for an existing employee. There are different levels of access that can be given to employees depending on their role in the company (ie, mobile app access only or full admin access).
- Once logged in, select the Setup tab, and then Site Group Setup.
- Next, type your dealer/ site group number into the site group box.
- Click the play button to pull up your company's site group.
- Create a contact for the user by clicking on the contacts tab and then the quick entry button.
- Once the 'Quick Contact Entry' comes up, click the plus button.
- Enter the contact's information.
- Then use the floppy disk icon to save.
- After saving the contact, close the 'Quick Contact Entry' window.
- Click on the 'Add External User' icon next to your contact bring up the New External User window.
- Enter desired username and password.
- User region will be US.
- Click on the check mark to save and confirm.
- Confirming the New External User information will cause the silhouette icon next to the contact's name to disappear.
- Click on the silhouette at the top of the page. This is the icon for 'External Users'.
- In the Users section, click on the user that you would like to edit.
- You can determine what that contact has access to by selecting the appropriate option under the 'User Groups' section.
- When giving permissions, please be careful to not give users more access than they will need.
- Full Admin Access: gives user the ability to add other users/ general all access.
- Full Data access: allows user to make data changes to the accounts.
- Mobile App Access: allows user to check history and place accounts on test via the AvantGuard app.
Mobile App Access is generally the level of access given to technicians.
Removing External Users:
Back to Top
- Pull up your company's site group
- Click on 'External Users' icon.
- In the 'Users(Training)' window click the trash can button next to the contact you would like to remove.
Updating Username and Password:
Back to Top
- If a user/employee forgets their username you can look it up on the site group.
- There is no way to retrieve a forgotten password, however, it can be easily reset to something new.
- Pull up your company's site group.
- Select the desired user.
- The current username is show next to 'User name'. If you need to edit the username, make changes here. Please keep in mind that the system does not allow duplicate usernames, so you may have to adjust a username if it is already taken.
- The password can be changed next to 'Password'.
- Simply enter the new password and then save.